Monday, June 15, 2009

My Goa...




Lately I've developed an avid interest in photography, thanks to one of my best friends Anshu, who first introduced me to the magical world of pixels and shutter speeds! I'm one of those eager amateurs, that when they get their hands on a camera, start snapping away, any place, anytime or should I say, every place, all the time - often annoying all & sundry, which, in my case, usually turns out to be hubby dearest!! He's often had to stop the car, braking dangerously, with me shrieking "STOP!!!!STOP NOW!!!!CAN'T YOU SEE, THIS IS JUST PICTURE PURRRRFECT???" It's happened so often now, he takes it in his stride - like he has a choice! Seriously though - he's a good man ;-)

So on my recent trip back home to Goa, I went kind of shutter-crazy! I'm lucky though - Goa is beautiful, even through the amateur lens :-) I must confess, since I grew up here, I was for ever so long immune to her unique charm. I craved, 'the fast life', speed, excitement, adventure and the Goa of my childhood and teens was anything but! Now I'm moving back after 14 years and Goa has changed like most places would, after a long chunk of time. Yet, something of the 'old world charm' still remains, in the quietness of its temples after the tourists are gone, the off-season beauty of its beaches, the silence of its pristine white chapels and the feeling of oneness with nature that is never far away. The very things that once drove me away, now bring me back, offering hope and the promise of a new beginning! A 'Full Circle' moment if ever there was one!

Thank you Goa - for shaping my Life! You dwell eternal in my soul...

Click to play this Smilebox photobook: My Goa!
Create your own photobook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox photobook


P.S. This is my first Smilebox creation to be posted on the blog, but must warn you guys - am a self-confessed Smilebox addict! You have been warned ;-)